STATE RECOGNIZED DIPLOMA PROGRAM
Buxmont Christian Educational Institute (BCEI) was the second of now several state recognized diploma programs in the Commonwealth of PA. It is important for homeschooling families with high school students to be a part of one of the recognized groups. The Dept. of Education does not recognize correspondence schools and video schools. As a member of BCEI your high school student can be enrolled in our diploma program by paying your yearly family membership and by completing a high school registration form and paying the one time recording fee of $25.00 to the director. Academic records (grades, evaluations, objectives, etc.) are sent to BCEI on a yearly basis.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
BCEI membership payment is due on or before August 1st of each school year. It covers membership through July 31st of that school year. Simply remember that you should pay your membership the same time you submit your affidavit. Membership dues are currently $40.00 per family. After August 31st a $5.00 late fee is added. Some of the benefits of BCEI membership are as follows:
- Involvement with a state recognized diploma program
- Discounted rates to various tutors, teachers and other resource individuals
- 15% discount to Home School Legal Defense Association each year
- Free educational consultant services
- Membership cards for high school students allowing them into games, museums, and other places of interest as student rates rather than adult rates
- Membership cards which identify parent educators which enable them to receive teacher discounts at various stores
- Discount on evaluations from various evaluators
- Up to date information on issues involving our rights and freedoms as home educators and citizens
- Involvement with a group that is well-known by the PA Department of Education in Harrisburg as well as many school districts
- Knowing that there is support and help for you when needed
- Involvement with other homeschool families
Your annual membership dues should be made payable to BCEI and sent to 146 West Broad Street, Telford, PA 18969. Include a self addressed stamped envelope (Membership cards will not be sent unless a s.a.s.e. is enclosed). A $5.00 late fee is added to payments after August 31st for returning members.